THIS BLEND WAS FORMULATED TO WORK AS ADVERTISED BUT IT IS NOT GUARANTEED. WE DETERMINED THE DESIRED OUTCOME BASED ON THE HERBAL PROPERTIES. PART OF ACHIEVING THE DESIRED EFFECT IS BASED ON YOUR BEHAVIOR AND YOUR ENVIRONMENT. YOU WILL NEED TO BE PROACTIVE IN ORDER FOR THE HERBS TO BE EFFECTIVE.
Herbal supplements are a popular choice for people who prefer natural remedies. The following herbal supplements may improve blood circulation in the brain and help prevent another stroke:
- Ashwagandha. Also known as Indian ginseng, ashwagandha has antioxidant properties that may prevent and treat stroke. A 2015 study explored its effect on mice.
- Bilberry. This berry may improve cholesterol and lower blood sugar.
- Garlic. Preventing blood clotting and destroying plaque are two potential benefits of garlic.
- Asian ginseng. A staple of Chinese medicine, Asian ginseng is said to improve memory.
- Gotu kola. This herb has been shown to boost cognitive function in people who’ve had strokes.
- Turmeric. A spice, turmeric may lower cholesterol levels and help prevent blockages in arteries.
These supplements can thin your blood, so, if you’re taking warfarin (Coumadin), aspirin, or any other blood-thinning medication, talk to your doctor about any supplements you’re taking or plan to take.
- Vitamin D. Supplementing with vitamin D has demonstrated “a significant improvement in stroke outcomes after 3 months.”
- Probiotics. Boosting gut health with a regular probiotic supplement may boost brain health via the gut-brain axis.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin). Niacin helps boost “good” cholesterol levels, which are statistically low in stroke survivors.